Timing & Runner Tracking
The People's United Bank Vermont City Marathon 2 Person Relay will be timed using ChronoTrack B-Tags attached to the back of all bibs. Our ability to provide accurate timing and essential medical assistance when necessary depends on you.
Follow these steps to help us serve you:
- All runners will receive a bib with a timing tag attached to the back (marathoners and 2 person relay runners) or they will receive a timing band (3-5 person relay runners). These are the official, and only accepted timing devices for the People's United Bank Vermont City Marathon & Relays.
- Complete the emergency contact information on the back of your bib. This information may save your life.
- Your bib tag corresponds with your bib number and will secure a time for each runner on course.
- Pin your bib to the front of your shirt
- Keep your bib visible at all times
- Do not fold, crumple or otherwise alter your bib
- No bib? No time, no exceptions
- Your bib tag will be read at the start, finish and intermediate locations. You must cross all locations to receive an official time.
- Do not trade bibs with anyone.
- All runners must be registered to participate; running under another's name or bib will result in immediate disqualification according to USATF rules
Marathoners Who Are Also Participating On Relay Teams
Marathoners may also participate as a member of a 2 Person Relay team. The Marathoner must wear both their Marathon bib and Relay Team bib and must remove their Relay Team bib at the 2 Person Relay Exchange Zone. Please read our Relay-Marathoner Scenario INFO SHEET for everything you need to know about which bibs to wear and where to exchange.
Gear check is intended for race-day gear (warm-ups, post-race clothing). Write your name, bib # and cell phone number on your gear check bag in the space provided. We promise to take good care of your possessions, but urge you not to check your valuables. Please claim your gear as soon as possible after you complete the race. At 1:30pm, unclaimed gear will be transferred to the RunVermont office (One Main Street, Suite 304, Burlington). Items not claimed in one week will be donated to charity.
Note: Participants MUST use the clear gear check bags provided at Race Packet Pick-Up. NO OTHER BAGS will be checked, NO EXCEPTIONS. Please do not leave bags of any kind unattended. Any items left unattended will be removed immediately and destroyed.
1st Leg Runners
- Secured gear check is provided for relay participants at Oakledge Park (the 2 Person Relay Exchange Zone).
- First leg runners give gear to your 2nd leg teammate to check at Oakledge Park.
- First leg runner should claim gear as soon as possible after arriving at Oakledge Park.
Oakledge Park Gear Check: Open 7:30am to 10:30am.
2nd Leg Runners
- Runners may check gear at Battery Park (5:45am-8:10am) for pickup at Waterfront Park finish (9:00am-2:00pm).
- Gear check bags may NOT be picked up from Battery Park Gear Check.
Note: Gear is NOT transferred from Battery Park to Oakledge Park (2 Person Relay exchange area) or from Oakledge Park to Waterfront Park.
The 2 Person Relay Exchange Zone is located within Oakledge Park. The relay legs are approximately 13.1 miles each. When the first leg runner reaches the exchange zone she/he will tag the second leg runner. Because both runners are wearing B-Tags attached to their bibs, no exchange of the timing tag is necessary. The Relay Exchange zone is intended for RUNNERS ONLY. Please ask friends and family to stay outside of the exchange zone.
The first leg runner will receive a 2 Person Relay medal at the end of their leg and will also have access to food, water and Gatorade before heading back to Waterfront Park. Please use the Relay Bus (see below).
Do NOT drive to Oakledge Park; there is no vehicle parking at or near Oakledge Park. Biking is encouraged; there are a limited number of bike racks in Oakledge Park. If you arrive by bike, be sure to bring a lock. Bike racks will be REMOVED at 2:00pm; please get your bike before 2:00pm.
2 Person Relay Bus
2 Person Relay runners are encouraged to use the relay bus that travels to and from Oakledge Park. Buses are located on St. Paul Street at King Street. Buses leave St. Paul/King starting at 7:15am and run continuously through 10:45am. Buses departing downtown through 7:50am will drop runners 200′ east of the entrance to Oakledge Park. Buses departing after 7:50am will drop runners 1/2 mile from the 13.1 exchange zone in the park. From the bus stop, follow the signs toward the lake and Oakledge Park. Leave yourself plenty of time to get to your exchange area.
Buses Returning from Oakledge Park will transport runners who have completed the 1st 13.1 mile leg. Runners departing Oakledge Park before 9:30am will need to walk to Pine Street at Flynn Avenue, approximately 1/2 mile east of Oakledge Park to pick up the bus. Beginning at 9:30am this bus stop will move to the entrance of Oakledge Park. Runners will be dropped off at the corner of St. Paul Street and King Street, 5 blocks from Waterfront Park.