Relay Teams Overview
- There are two types of relay teams: 2 Person Relay Teams and 3-5 Person Relay Teams.
- Registration is first-come, first served.
- You don’t need to know everyone on your team to register your team. Your team members register once you have purchased a team.
- 3-5 person teams with fewer than 5 runners is accepted. Some runner(s) will need to run multiple legs exchanging at VCM-designated exchange zones.
- No need to let us know who is running which leg – we don’t track this information.
- All registration, team management and changes go through RunSignup.com (see below).
Mark your Calendar
Changes can be made to relay teams online until May 17, 2020. After May 17 ALL team changes* must be made at the Sport & Fitness Expo on Friday, May 22 from 1:00pm – 8:00pm or Saturday, May 23 from 9:00am – 3:00pm. A $25 late-change fee will apply; proceeds from this fee will be donated to RunVermont's Youth Running Programs.
*Note: Team changes include adding/removing team members, adding/removing team captain, transferring your team or changing your team name.
Step 1 – Confirmation Emails
Within a few minutes after registering your team you will receive two e-mails from RunSignup.com. If you registered a team, but have not received confirmation email we recommend looking in your junk mailbox. Save these emails and remember your RunSignup.com username and password. You will need them later.
The first email confirms your registration with lots of details about the event. Sender and subject line will look like (2019 samples shown below):
The second e-mail confirms creation of your relay team. Sender is the same as above, but subject line will read ‘Relay Team Created for People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon & Relay.’ This e-mail confirmation includes two links to manage your team. Either link (circled in red below) will take you to your team page where you can manage your team. Sample e-mail below:
Step 2 – Checking out your Team Page on RunSignup.com
Clicking one of the links (circled in red above) in your confirmation email will take you to your RunSignup.com Team Page (shown below). Your Team Page is your primary location for all relay team management. You will see your team name in blue at the top of the page.
Step 3 – Managing your Relay Team through your Team Page
A list of things you can do on your Team Page
- Update Team Name– Group Details Section, then click on Update Information. If you sell your team this is one way the new owner can personalize the team.
- Add Team Captain(s) – Race Group Team Captains Section, then click on Add Team Captain and follow the prompts. The person you want to add as a Team Captain will first need to join the team as a Team Member. Once they are a Team Member they can be added as a Team Captain.
- Remove Team Captain(s) – Race Group Team Captains Section, then click on the X next to the Team Captain you want to remove.
- Remove Team Members – Group Members Section, then click on the X to the far right of the team member you want to remove.
- Invite Team Members – Join & Share Section, share the Registration URL or click the ‘Invite Friends’ button.