Saturday, April 13th, 2024
No Frills No Hills
If you're running in the M&T Bank Vermont City Marathon & Relay on Sunday, May 26th, this is an excellent race to add into your training goals. Positioned at the perfect time in your 26.2 training, Half Marathon Unplugged gives you motivation to keep moving toward finishing the Marathon in May. Sign up for our Unplugged + Marathon Special and save.
Location: This is a point-to-point course with the Start at Airport Park in Colchester and Finish on Flynn Ave at Switchback Brewing in Burlington.
2024 Race Details
- Half Marathon (13.1 miles)
- 2-Person Relay:
- Choose your own exchange point along the course
- Suggested exchanges: Leddy Park (approximately at the 7-mile mark) -OR- Airport Park (3 to 4.5 mile leg for Runner 1 and an 8.5 to 10 mile leg for Runner 2)
- Virtual option for the Half Marathon
*All RunVermont events adhere to the Runner's Code of Conduct
- Finisher medal
- Bus transportation to the start plus finish to downtown after the race
- Chip timing at the finish, results by gun time
- 3 Water Stations: Delta Park (mile 4.3), Leddy Park (mile 7.0), and Harrison Ave (mile 10.9)
- Food Trucks & Switchback beer for finishers
The Half Marathon Unplugged course is super fast, mostly on the Burlington bikepath overlooking the Adirondack Mountains and Lake Champlain. The race will start at Airport Park in Colchester. The first 4+ miles will be on Colchester streets. At Delta Park racers move onto the bikepath for 7+ miles. There are no major hills. If the wind is from the north, this will be a very fast race!! The finish line will be open with timing active for 3 hours, 15 minutes after the start of the race. Competitors are expected to maintain at least 15:00/mile throughout the race.
Bibs, Buses, Parking:
- Bibs can be picked up on race morning at 1 Main Street in Burlington. Bibs will not be available at the start line!!
Bibs will also be available prior to race day at SkiRack from Noon to 6:00 PM on both Thursday, April 11, and Friday, April 12.
- Buses will be available for runners who need transportation from 1 Main to the start at Airport Park in Colchester - book your bus pass when you register for the race. Buses will also run between 1 Main St and the finish area on Flynn Ave during the race, both spectators and runners may ride the bus between 1 Main St and Flynn Ave. Buses are not available to bring finishers back to the start area at Airport Park after the race! We STRONGLY encourage runners to use the bus system that we set up. The start area is challenging for private cars to get in and out of to drop runners off, low volume residential streets. In 2023 A LOT of runners got their own ride to the start, and it created a massive traffic jam and some runners were late to the start. For 2024 we are working on setting up a drop-off location which will be more efficient for private vehicles but will require a fairly long walk to the start corral. Our bus system drops runners right at the start, please consider using it.
- Parking is limited at Airport Park and very limited near the finish at Flynn Ave. We strongly encourage all spectators who wish to see the finish ride the shuttle bus between 1 Main St and Flynn Ave, which will be available 9:00am-1:15pm. No race parking is allowed at Switchback or the other businesses on Flynn Ave. Please help us respect our neighbors near the finish by minimizing race-related traffic in that area.
Lodging Accommodations at the Best Western Windjammer:
Half Marathon Unplugged Super Special Below-Market Rate of $109 for Runners. Limited to a block of rooms - click this link to reserve or call the hotel directly at 802-863-1125 and ask for the group by name.
Not running, but wish to be involved and support our runners? Scan the QR Code or click the button below.