Half Marathon Unplugged Saturday, October 24th and Sunday, October 25th
The Half Marathon Unplugged runs along the Burlington Greenway (bike path), which is adjacent to Lake Champlain with the Adirondacks in the distance. Unplugged is a basic services race -- in other words, No Frills, No Hills! You will experience a scenic, very flat, half marathon race. With the low-key and supportive race environment and no hills course, Unplugged is a fantastic option for a runner looking to run their first half marathon.
For a copy of the Race Info Sheet click HERE
RunVermont’s Live Race Restart Runner’s Code of Conduct
RunVermont has recently been given permission to host live running events this fall. Consistent with most other endeavors, these events will have significant modifications to ensure compliance with all general guidelines for public health practices and specific directives that have been developed by RunVermont in conjunction with the Governor’s Restart Task Force, the VT Department of Health and all applicable municipal agencies in the communities that will host fall races. The plan that was accepted by the Restart Task Force has been developed with guidance and input from numerous agencies including the WHO, CDC, USA Track & Field, USA Triathlon, Road Runners Club of America, and Running USA to name a few.
As the safety of our runners, volunteers, staff and community at large is our first concern, we ask that all runners review and agree to the following Code of Conduct in order to participate in a RunVermont event in the fall of 2020.
Conditions of Participation:
- Do not enter the premises if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are waiting for test results, or have COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath or other symptoms as established by the CDC
- Adhere to the Vermont Department of Health guidelines for quarantine and isolation
- Adhere to all federal, state and local regulations, recommendations and mandates regarding COVID-19
- Practice social distancing. Keep a minimum 6’ (2 meters, 1 cow) distance between myself and others.
- Wear a facial covering/mask when at the race venue and not running
Specific Race Requirements:
- I attest that I have not knowingly been in contact with a covid-19 positive individual within the past 14 days
- I have not had a positive covid-19 test in the past 14 days
- I am not currently exhibiting an elevated temperature or other covid-19 symptoms
- I agree to arrive at the event site during my assigned arrival time, and will wear a mask until I commence the assigned race start time
- I agree to adhere to all social distancing norms, to the best of my ability, throughout the event experience
- I agree to leave the event site without social lingering upon completion of the event, as soon as I am able
- I agree to cooperate with all contract tracing initiatives, as required by VT State Health officials, post-event
- I understand that this event is a spectator free event and will not ask or invite friends/family who are not racing or volunteering to attend
- I agree to follow the directions of race organizers at all times throughout the duration of the event
- I understand that failure to comply with these rules may lead to disqualification and/or removal from the event and there will be no refunds if my participation is not allowed
- I agree to both the conditions of Participation and Specific Race Requirements
- This consent form appears on the race registration page and will require an electronic signature for participation in the event.