We want to make sure everyone has a fun and safe event experience. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated and allows others to enjoy the event. We have a consistent set of policies for RunVermont races. Check them out below.
Runner's Code of Conduct
RunVermont required proof of vaccination for all participants (runners, volunteers, staff) at the 2022 M&T Bank Vermont City Marathon & Relay on Sunday, May 29th, 2022.
Conditions of Participation:
- Do not enter the premises if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are waiting for test results, or have COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath or other symptoms as established by the CDC
- Adhere to the Vermont Department of Health guidelines for quarantine and isolation
- Adhere to all federal, state and local regulations, recommendations and mandates regarding COVID-19
Specific Race Requirements:
- I attest that I have not knowingly been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual within the past 14 days
- I have not had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days
- I am not currently exhibiting an elevated temperature or other COVID-19 symptoms
- I agree to adhere to all social distancing norms, to the best of my ability, throughout the event experience
- I agree to cooperate with all contact tracing initiatives, as required by VT State Health officials, post-event
- I agree to follow the directions of race organizers at all times throughout the duration of the event
- I understand that failure to comply with these rules may lead to disqualification and/or removal from the event and there will be no refunds if my participation is not allowed
- I agree to both the conditions of Participation and Specific Race Requirements
This consent form appears on the race registration page and will require an electronic signature for participation in the event.
Age of Participation Requirements
Marathon distance: Minimum age requirement will be 16 years of age on race day.
Half marathon distance: Minimum age requirement is 13 years of age on race day.
Marathon Relays: The participation of any runner under the age of 12 is strongly recommended to comply with the following considerations.
Disabled athletes are invited and welcome at all RunVermont events. For the M&T Bank Vermont City Marathon & Relays, access for competitors who wish to use a Pushrim Wheelchair or a Handcycle will be through the full marathon distance only.
RunVermont supports and accommodates the participation of Transgender athletes in a manner that is consistent with the policy of the sport’s national governing body – the US Track and Field Association, who have adopted the program that has been put forth by the International Olympic Committee.
Athletes who participate in this competition may be subject to formal drug testing in accordance with USATF and IAAF rules, in accordance with USOC, USADA or IAAF procedures.
Race Transfer and Deferral Policy
A participant may transfer his/her registration from one race to another by using the registration fee paid for one race as a credit toward a future race. This policy applies to the following RunVermont races: Half Marathon Unplugged and Island Vines 10K.
For Marathon Only Deferral policy: