Race Transfer and Deferral Policy
A participant may transfer his/her registration from one race to another by using the registration fee paid for one race as a credit toward a future race. This policy applies to the following RunVermont races: Half Marathon Unplugged and Island Vines 10k.
This policy DOES NOT apply to the People's United Bank Vermont City Marathon and Relay.
- A participant can use their registration fee paid for any of the above races as credit toward a future RunVermont race held within one year, or toward same race the following year.
- If credit is less than registration fee of the future race, a participant will pay the difference in registration fees between the two races. However, if credit is greater than registration fee of future race, the participant will not receive a refund.
- The credit amount consists solely of the registration fee; processing fees and any purchases or donations are excluded.
- A participant may not split credit among future races; credit is only allowed for one future race.
- A participant currently registered for more than one race at the same time cannot combine credits from both races toward a future race.
- Credits may only be used toward races for which participant is not currently registered.
- Once a transfer is complete, the participant is withdrawn from the original race.
- The policy does not apply to participants who have received comp entries.
- A participant cannot transfer out of a race within 10 days of that race’s start date.
- The deferral option may be used if a participant wants to transfer to the same race the following year and that race is not currently open.
- If a race is sold out, a transfer may not be used to enter that race.
- Transfer credits may not be used for race day registration.
- Instructions on transferring to another race can be found here.
- To request a race transfer to a race not currently open, please contact us here
People's United Bank Vermont City Marathon Only - Deferral Policy
Marathon deferral only (no relay deferrals accepted) are available to those runners who have NOT purchased race insurance. Marathon deferrals are available until 5/17/20 and will provide the registrant with a $40 discount on a 2021 marathon registration. There will be no credit given on the 2020 registration fee.