2020 NEW2-26.2 TRAINING PROGRAM
Finish Your First Marathon with our NEW2-26.2 Training Program
Become a Marathoner by using our Marathon Training Plan
If you’re one of the many people who is aspiring to be a complete runner by finishing a full marathon then look no further, we’ve assembled a comprehensive plan to help you get to your first marathon finish line. Training for and running your first marathon is daunting and we want to take all of the guesswork out of it for you. We will get you to the start line healthy and ready to run and to the finish line with a smile on your face!
Purchase the program at the time of your Marathon Registration or in the RunVermont Store for an unbelievable price of just $25.
The Marathon Training Program Includes:
- The official New2-26.2 People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon On-line Training Program.
- Weekly Training Tips and support from USATF Certified Coach Sam Davis.
The training plan will begin the week of January 20, 2020
Sam Davis has been running competitively for over 40 years. His accomplishments include being a collegiate cross country champion, as well as a former record holder in track. He is a respeccted member of the RunVermont Hall of Fame and has completed over 27 marathons (including 4 Vermont City races) and countless half marathons. Coach Davis has pr's of 2:32 and 1:08 in the marathon and half marathon distances , all of which have led him into the coaching realm where he has garnered a Level II Certification from USATF; certifications from Roadrunners Club of America and a VDOT 02 certification in the Jack Daniels method.
"I believe that one size does not fit all when it comes to training. I strive to customize training programs to an individual's lifestyleand include factors, such as running age, past injuries and long term goals. I have learned more from my mistkaes than from my successes and work to apply that knowledge to help runners achieve their goals." Sam Davis - RunVermont Hall of Fame member and New2-26.2 Coach.
RunVermont's customized Online training program is designed to aid first time and new marathon runners in finding success and the finish line. Coach Sam Davis will provide you with a training schedule and access to a dedicated Facebook group that will allow you to conduct live exchanges of information and hear from your coach to help guide you through an 18 week training cycle. The benefits of the online coaching service have been the critical ingredient for 100's of runners as they have taken on the challenge of the marathon. This Online Coaching service is avalable to our marathon runners for only $25 per person.
Connect to New2-26.2 Virtual Training Now This link will take you to the marathon registration site where you will be able to add the New 2-26.2 Online Training Program to your registration package.
To learn more about Coach Davis check out this link: Meet Coach Sam Davis
Sunday Morning Runs
Informal, casual group runs co-sponsored by RunVermont and Green Mountain Athletic Association. As long as the Burlington Bike Path is clear the runs head out there for an out and back run of whatever distance you are up for. As the snow and ice accumulates the runs head onto city streets. There is always a group introduction before beginning so you can find out who is going what pace and distance.
- Dates/Times: Every Sunday, 8am
- Location: Meet at The Edge on Eastwood Drive in South Burlington, inside the lobby. (From Shelburne Rd. – turn onto Farrell then onto Eastwood)
- Extras: Water, Gatorade, and bagels provided as well as use of the club before and after your run.
- Cost: FREE! No membership required, just come and run when you can!
- More info: For further information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, visit the GMAA website.
“Run with Jan” Sunday Morning Runs
- Dates/Time: Every Sunday, 8:15 am (summer 7:45am)
- Locations vary, but include the Burlington Bike Path, Richmond, Charlotte, Shelburne, South Burlington and Essex. Each week’s location is posted here and on the group’s Facebook page.
- Cost: FREE! Just come and run!
- More info: All paces and distances welcome.
- Established in 2003 as a Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training (TNT) fundraiser running group, the Run with Jan group expanded to also include TNT alumni, supporters, friends and visitors over the years. Runners provide their own drinks and/or sports gels. For more information, contact coach Jan Leja
SKIRACK Social Fun Runs
- Dates/Time: Thursdays, 6:00pm
- Location: SKIRACK, 85 Main Street, Burlington, VT
- Distance: 4-ish miles, easy-to-moderate pace
- Extras: This group often gathers post-run for a beverage at a local watering hole.
- Cost: FREE! Just come and run!
- More info: Contact SKIRACK at 658-3313