Sun 04/28 8:15AM – 5PM
St. Albans Nordic is excited to be back for a 2nd year as the organizers of the Sap Run, and preserve this long standing iconic part of the Vermont Maple Festival. This is a point-to-point run that starts in Swanton Village and finishes on Main Street in Downtown St. Albans.
Date: Sunday, April 28th
Start Time: 8:15 AM
Distance: 8.5 miles
Cost: Online Registration: $35. Day Of Registration: $45 Cash or Check Only.
- Race Day Registration, for both pre-registered and day of registrants, will be at the Swanton Public Library.
- Pre-race bib pickup and in-person registration: Exact time and place TBD. People who wish to register at this time will pay a $40 entry fee.
- Course: We will use the traditional course which starts by the park in the Village of Swanton, and runs South on Route 7 for 8.5 miles before finishing in front of Taylor Park in St. Albans.
- Official timing will end at 10:30 AM, as we have to clear out for the Maple Festival Parade at Noon.
NOTE: The course is on a main road, and the road will not be closed. The road is not that busy on a Sunday morning and there is a wide shoulder, but you as a runner need to be alert to traffic. There will be a lead vehicle and a tail vehicle to provide some warning to traffic, but we do not have the ability to patrol every intersection. We are going to try to obtain some traffic control at a couple of the major intersections. You are responsible for checking for traffic at intersections and should plan to stay alert as if you were out for a training run on your own.
- Aid Stations: There will be at least two aid stations, one around 3.5 miles, and one around 5.5 miles. The aid stations will have hydration (water and gatorade) and shots of pure Maple Syrup.
- Bus pick-up and drop-off: A bus will be available to pick up runners in St. Albans and drop them off in Swanton. During online registration, you will be asked if you need to ride the bus. The bus is only available before the start. There is no bus to bring you back after the finish.
- Bus location and departure time: Hudson Street in the parking lot behind city hall. Departure time is 7:15 AM, arriving in Swanton no later than 7:45 AM.
- Warm-up Clothing: It’s often a bit chilly for this race, so we will have bags at the start for you to pack up your warm up clothing. We will bring them to the finish line for you.
- Awards: Maple Syrup awards for overall winners and top 3 in each ten year age group. We’ll start awards around 10 AM. Any late finishers that receive an award will be presented upon finishing.
- T-Shirts: Shirts will be handed out at the finish line. Online registrants have the option to reserve the size of their choice during sign-up. It will be first come, first served for all others.
- Sponsored By: