Mon 06/01 – Mon 09/07
Are you ready for an adventure? We love seeing more runners and walkers than ever before logging in miles. We’ve developed a challenge for you to focus on this summer. You have 99 days to complete “The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure”. Beginning June 1st and wrapping up by September 7th, you have four route options to choose from to meet your individual goal.
**REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON MONDAY!**
To register, follow this link: https://runsignup.com/RVTAdventure
What is “The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure”?
We’ve mapped out four virtual route options that will challenge you to complete distances equal to crossing our state in the north or south, going the length of the state, or around the full perimeter of Vermont!
- Cross Vermont Southern Challenge – 45 miles
- Cross Vermont Northern Challenge – 126 miles
- The Length of Vermont – 219 miles
- All-Around Vermont Challenge – 553 miles!
What is included in my $60 registration fee?
All entrants receive:
- A RunVermont Buff
- A Virtual Bib you can download, print, decorate and wear on your walks/runs
- A Virtual Finisher Certificate for you to print, frame, and display proudly!
- We will donate $10 of your registration fee to one of our three charitable partners (you can choose where your $10 goes), The United Way of Northwest Vermont, The Boys & Girls Club of Burlington, and the Vermont Foodbank. The money raised will go towards their efforts to support the local community during the pandemic.
All finishers receive:
- “The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure” shirt
What else do I need to know?
- Once you register, you can track your miles in the RunSignUp registration platform
- Your miles must be completed by walking or running – no bikes!
- Miles can be run/walked outdoors or on a treadmill.
- The route maps we provide are for mileage reference only and include sections of road that may not be open to foot traffic.
- In addition to the donation included with your registration fee, you can choose any amount to add to your donation to support one of our three charitable partners
- During registration, participants have the option of creating or joining an existing team if they wish.
- If you wish to create a team, keep in mind all members of the team are to run the entire distance of the selected challenge.
- All team members are to run in the same event and not split among different Challenges -- e.g. all in Southern Challenge, or Northern Challenge, etc.
- Each member of the team pays the $60 registration fee.
- Create a team of 12 or more runners and we’ll make an additional donation of $50 to your charity of choice.
- More FAQs on registering as a Team will be provided on the registration site when registration opens on Monday!