Runner's World recently released a documentary called "NOT TODAY" that tells the story of three different women who experienced violence while out running alone. Only one survived. Mollie Tibbetts and Wendy Martinez were both killed, while Kelly Herron survived her encounter. Their tragic stories have had a ripple effect on their families, friends, and even strangers, and inspire the question:
What can we do to make running safer for women?
To watch the 38 minute film, click the button below. The password is: ISAYNOTTODAY
After watching the film, take the 5 concrete steps to help make your running community safer:
- Intervene safely when you witness harassment
- Use your smartphone as a tool
- Learn how to defend yourself
- Make your running routes safer
- Give back to organizations that combat harassment
To read these steps in detail, click the button below.