The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure
Are you ready for an adventure? We love seeing more runners and walkers than ever before logging in miles. We’ve developed a challenge for you to focus on this summer. You have 99 days to complete “The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure”. Beginning June 1st and wrapping up by September 7th, you have four route options to choose from to meet your individual goal. **REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON MONDAY!**
To register, follow this link: https://runsignup.com/RVTAdventure
What is “The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure”?
We’ve mapped out four virtual route options that will challenge you to complete distances equal to crossing our state in the north or south, going the length of the state, or around the full perimeter of Vermont!
- Cross Vermont Southern Challenge – 43 miles
- Cross Vermont Northern Challenge – 119 miles
- The Length of Vermont – 219 miles
- All-Around Vermont Challenge – 553 miles!
What is included in my $60 registration fee?
All entrants receive:
- A RunVermont Buff
- A Virtual Bib you can download, print, decorate and wear on your walks/runs
- A Virtual Finisher Certificate for you to print, frame, and display proudly!
- We will donate $10 of your registration fee to one of our three charitable partners (you can choose where your $10 goes), The United Way of Northwest Vermont, The Boys & Girls Club of Burlington, and the Vermont Foodbank. The money raised will go towards their efforts to support the local community during the pandemic.
All finishers receive:
- “The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure” shirt
What else do I need to know?
- Once you register, you can track your miles in the RunSignUp registration platform
- Your miles must be completed by walking or running – no bikes!
- Miles can be run/walked outdoors or on a treadmill.
- The route maps we provide are for mileage reference only and include sections of road that may not be open to foot traffic.
- In addition to the donation included with your registration fee, you can choose any amount to add to your donation to support one of our three charitable partners
- During registration, participants have the option of creating or joining an existing team if they wish.
- If you wish to create a team, keep in mind all members of the team are to run the entire distance of the selected challenge.
- All team members are to run in the same event and not split among different Challenges -- e.g. all in Southern Challenge, or Northern Challenge, etc.
- Each member of the team pays the $60 registration fee.
- Create a team of 12 or more runners and we’ll make an additional donation of $50 to your charity of choice.
- More FAQs on registering as a Team will be provided on the registration site when registration opens on Monday!
"Get Out, Give Back" Virtual Run/Walk Series
We love seeing all the posts on social media of our runners getting in their miles, running and walking. Some of those miles are earned on a home treadmill, some on a sunrise run when the neighborhood is still sleeping, and some on a nearby wooded trail that sees little foot traffic. With race postponements delaying goal achievements, we recognize runners are looking for ways to give their training some short-term focus.
We are excited to announce the RunVermont Virtual Run/Walk Series, “Get Out, Give Back”. This three race series will also support some of Vermont’s most important non-profit organizations. The series dates are May 24th, June 20th and July 18th. Race registration is now open for the first in the series. Register here: https://runsignup.com/Race/VT/Burlington/GetOutGiveBack5KFirstLeg
May 24th - "Get Out, Give Back" 5K First Leg - The United Way of Northwest Vermont
Their mission is "to build a stronger Northwest Vermont by mobilizing our community to improve people’s lives. United Way isn't just our name – it's how we work. We bring together individuals, nonprofits, businesses, and government entities to create a strong, vibrant, and healthy community. We fight for the education, financial stability and health of every person in Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle counties."
You can compete in one event or all three. You run or walk where you want and when you want between the Thursday before the scheduled race date and the Monday after (a 5-day window). You will have until the Friday following the race date to submit a photo of your results for official completion.
Each Individual Race Fee: $25.00 with $15 of every race entry fee going directly to the charitable partner
Your fee also includes:
- A Virtual Bib - Print it, decorate it and wear it for your virtual run!
- A chance at our Prize Swag – “Spring Cleaning Grab Bag”. We have great t-shirts, hats and hoodies from previous races looking for a good home!
- And if you complete all 3 races in the series, we’ll send you a RunVermont buff.
We will select 3 lucky runners from each individual virtual race in a random drawing to receive a FREE entry into the Vermont 5K State Championship in Burlington, VT in September!
Right after you register you will receive a unique URL to share with your friends -- if 5 sign up using your unique URL you will receive a (really cool) RunVermont Trucker Hat. Just send them (or post) your special URL for your friends to use so YOU get the credit.
We’ll also be holding a “Homemade Medal Contest”. Send us your photos of your homemade medal after you’ve completed your virtual race. We’ll select a winner at the completion of the series to receive a FREE pair of HOKAs!
Speaking of Virtual
Virtual Results – for those participating in any of the virtual races, here are links to submit your results for each virtual event:
- Virtual Marathon & Relay event - https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/48983/#resultSetId-171959;perpage:100
- Virtual Half Unplugged - https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/53489/#resultSetId-179875;perpage:50
Virtual Fulfillment – We’ll be sending out medals and shirts once per month for all virtual runners. We’ll assemble the first order for shipping in late June for all virtual events submitted to us by 6/15. We’ll continue the virtual fulfillment once a month after that.
People's United Bank Vermont City Marathon Virtual Race Option Instructions
If you can not make the new October 25th date for the marathon and you choose the virtual option for the race, you can run the marathon distance on your own anywhere and anytime between May 24th and October 25th, and report your results. Take a selfie or two at the end and send them to us, along with either a picture of your GPS watch or an online training page showing your distance and time. We’ll include your result in the race results and send you your shirt and medal. We currently have a Virtual version of the race already enabled so all you need to do is transfer to the Virtual event. To complete your transfer, follow these steps:
1. Log into RunSignup.com and go to your profile: https://runsignup.com/Profile
2. Navigate to Profile > Upcoming Events > Manage Registration > Transfer Event
3. Select the 'Marathon - Virtual' event
4. You will receive an e-mail confirming your transfer was successful
5. For detailed instructions please visit https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/articles/17000062922-transfer-to-another-event and feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Race Results will be accepted between May 24th and October 25th.
The deadline for transferring to the virtual event is now July 1st, 2020.