The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure
Are you ready for an adventure? We love seeing more runners and walkers than ever before logging in miles. We’ve developed a challenge for you to focus on this summer. You have 99 days to complete “The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure”. Beginning June 1st and wrapping up by September 7th, you have four route options to choose from to meet your individual goal. **REGISTRATION IS OPEN**
To register, follow this link: https://runsignup.com/RVTAdventure
What is “The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure”?
We’ve mapped out four virtual route options that will challenge you to complete distances equal to crossing our state in the north or south, going the length of the state, or around the full perimeter of Vermont!
- Cross Vermont Southern Challenge – 45 miles
- Cross Vermont Northern Challenge – 126 miles
- The Length of Vermont – 219 miles
- All-Around Vermont Challenge – 553 miles!
What is included in my $60 registration fee?
All entrants receive:
- A RunVermont Buff
- A Virtual Bib you can download, print, decorate and wear on your walks/runs
- A Virtual Finisher Certificate for you to print, frame, and display proudly!
- We will donate $10 of your registration fee to one of our three charitable partners (you can choose where your $10 goes), The United Way of Northwest Vermont, The Boys & Girls Club of Burlington, and the Vermont Foodbank. The money raised will go towards their efforts to support the local community during the pandemic.
All finishers receive:
- “The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure” shirt
What else do I need to know?
- Once you register, you can track your miles in the RunSignUp registration platform
- Your miles must be completed by walking or running – no bikes!
- Miles can be run/walked outdoors or on a treadmill.
- The route maps we provide are for mileage reference only and include sections of road that may not be open to foot traffic.
- In addition to the donation included with your registration fee, you can choose any amount to add to your donation to support one of our three charitable partners
- During registration, participants have the option of creating or joining an existing team if they wish.
- If you wish to create a team, keep in mind all members of the team are to run the entire distance of the selected challenge.
- All team members are to run in the same event and not split among different Challenges -- e.g. all in Southern Challenge, or Northern Challenge, etc.
- Each member of the team pays the $60 registration fee.
- Create a team of 12 or more runners and we’ll make an additional donation of $50 to your charity of choice.
- More FAQs on registering as a Team will be provided on the registration site when registration opens on Monday!
Speaking of Virtual
Virtual Results – for those participating in any of the virtual races, here are links to submit your results for each virtual event:
- Virtual Marathon & Relay event - https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/48983/#resultSetId-171959;perpage:100
- Virtual Half Unplugged - https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/53489/#resultSetId-179875;perpage:50
Virtual Fulfillment – We’ll be sending out medals and shirts once per month for all virtual runners. We’ll assemble the first order for shipping in late June for all virtual events submitted to us by 6/15. We’ll continue the virtual fulfillment once a month after that.
People's United Bank Vermont City Marathon Virtual Race Option Instructions
If you can not make the new October 25th date for the marathon and you choose the virtual option for the race, you can run the marathon distance on your own anywhere and anytime between May 24th and October 25th, and report your results. Take a selfie or two at the end and send them to us, along with either a picture of your GPS watch or an online training page showing your distance and time. We’ll include your result in the race results and send you your shirt and medal. We currently have a Virtual version of the race already enabled so all you need to do is transfer to the Virtual event. To complete your transfer, follow these steps:
1. Log into RunSignup.com and go to your profile: https://runsignup.com/Profile
2. Navigate to Profile > Upcoming Events > Manage Registration > Transfer Event
3. Select the 'Marathon - Virtual' event
4. You will receive an e-mail confirming your transfer was successful
5. For detailed instructions please visit https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/articles/17000062922-transfer-to-another-event and feel free to contact email@example.com.
Virtual Race Results will be accepted between May 24th and October 25th.
The deadline for transferring to the virtual event is now July 1st, 2020.