In the summer of 2020 'The RunVermont: Virtual Adventure" challenged you to run across or around the state of Vermont. Over 300 people accepted the challenge of running or walking a route of either 45, 126, 219, or 553 miles -- and 233 completed their challenge route! Adventure 2.0 features new routes, new distances, and additional interactive elements to keep you motivated all summer long.
What is “The RunVermont Virtual Adventure”?
A 100-day challenge to run, hike, or walk one of three different distances to choose from. While the challenge is entirely virtual, the routes are REAL so you can actually run, walk, or hike parts of your chosen adventure in real life!
- Across Vermont: 108 Miles (Optional elevation challenge of 5,000 ft)
- Green Mountains: 285 Miles (Optional elevation challenge of 20,000 ft - Features all five 4,000 footers)
- Vermont Border: 553 Miles (Optional elevation challenge of 30,000 ft)
The Adventure Begins: Sunday, May 30th (Memorial Day Weekend - Sign up for the Retro Rally to kick off your mileage!)
The Adventure Ends: Monday, September 6th (Labor Day)
When you've reached certain Mileage Milestones throughout the challenge, you'll receive the following prizes:
- 50 Miles: Zero Gravity Six-Pack of Rescue Club (All Adventurers)
- 100 Miles: Switchback Brewery Taproom Discount (All Adventurers)
- 250 Miles: Harpoon Koozie & Taproom Discount + First 20 to achieve this get a free pair of DarnTough socks (Routes 2 & 3 Only)
- 500 Miles: $25 Gift Card to Zero Gravity + Free pair of DarnTough socks (Route 3 Only)
What is included in my $60 registration fee?
All entrants receive:
- A Virtual Bib you can download, print, decorate and wear on your walks/runs
- A Virtual Finisher Certificate for you to print, frame, and display proudly!
All finishers receive:
- “The RunVermont, A Virtual Adventure” shirt
What else do I need to know?
- Once you register, you can track your miles in the RunSignup registration platform
- Your miles must be completed by running, walking, or hiking – no bikes!
- Miles can be run/walked outdoors or on a treadmill.
- The route maps we provide are for mileage reference only and include sections of road that may not be open to foot traffic.
- During registration, participants have the option of creating or joining an existing team if they wish.
- If you wish to create a team, keep in mind all members of the team are to run the entire distance of the selected challenge.
- All team members are to run in the same event and not split among different Challenges -- e.g. all in Across Vermont, or Green Mountains, etc.
- Each member of the team pays the $60 registration fee.