Date, Time and Registration Info
Look for updates on the 2020 race in early 2020
Registration opened on November 18, 2019 at 6am. Click the ‘Register Here’ button below to register.
Saturday, April 11, 2020
Start Time: 9:00am
3-hour time limit
$50 + transaction fee (November 18, 2019 – February 29, 2020)
$60 + transaction fee (March 1, 2020 – March 31, 2020)
$70 + transaction fee (April 1, 2020 – April 11, 2020)
Mail My Packet Option
This option is available for $15 through March 29. Packet includes bib, pins, shirt (if selected), and race information sheet, mailed to you. You will receive the packet within several days of the race date. This option can be selected during the registration process. Sorry — US addresses only.
+ Finishers’ Medals for all racers!
+ Timing and Results – Including live timing located at the finish line
+ Post-Race Party at Switchback on Flynn Ave adjacent to the finish (Tap Room will also be open all day.)
+ 1 ticket for Switchback (ID required) or nonalcoholic beverage at the Post Race Party
+ 2 tickets for Food Trucks at the finish (Tickets are race bib tear tags.)
+ Bus transportation to start and from finish – Transport to start must be reserved at registration
+ Gear Check
Virtual Half Marathon Option — New This Year
Can’t make the race on April 11th? Still be a part of the event by taking advantage of our Virtual Option where you can run your half marathon anywhere and anytime on April 11th or 12th and you have until Tuesday, April 14th to upload your results. We’ll mail you your bib, pins, medal and complementary race shirt.
Half Marathon Unplugged will take place in any reasonable weather. If the course or conditions are deemed unsafe by race officials or the town’s safety officials, the event may be modified or canceled. There are no refunds. For last minute changes or information on the status of this event, please go to our Facebook page.
Wednesday, April 8 to Friday, April 10, 10:00am to 7:00pm
SKIRACK, 85 Main Street, Burlington VT
Race day, Saturday, April 11, 2020
1 Main Street, Burlington VT
There is NO packet pick-up at the Start Area
Merchandise is available for purchase online at registration and with limited quantities at finish area on race day.
Be a part of this great race and help support our Unplugged runners. Click here to check out all our volunteer opportunities.
2019 Course Description (for reference)
Course begins at Airport Park in Colchester and runs along the bike path to the south end of Burlington. The majority of the course is on the bike path.
Please be aware that sections of the course may be wet and/or slippery or muddy. Due to weather and course conditions the route may change. In case of severe weather on race day (e.g. more than 5” of snow, lightning, etc.) please check the RunVermont Facebook page after 6:00am on race day for event status.
Catered Long Run – Learn more about how to use this race as part of a 20 mile long run.
Water stations at miles 4.5, 7.1 and 11.1
Portolets at Start, Mile 2.3 (looping back to start), Mile 4.5, Mile 9.7 and Finish
RunVermont offers bus transportation to the start and from the finish. All transportation originates at One Main Street, Burlington.
Bus ticket prices are included in registration, but are not automatic and must be selected at registration. If you did not reserve a bus seat and need a ride to the start, contact RunVermont by April 6.
Buses do not return to the start area after the race.
Absolutely NO race parking at City Market.
Bus 1: Leave 1 Main Street at 7:45am, arrive at Airport Park in Colchester at 8:00am
Bus 2: Leave 1 Main Street at 8:25am, arrive at Airport Park in Colchester at 8:40am
- After you finish, buses will be available to bring you from the finish area on Flynn Ave back to One Main Street. These buses will start transporting runners and spectators at 9:15am.
- Race parking near the finish is very limited. Private vehicles will not be allowed to travel west of Briggs St on Flynn Ave. Race parking will not be allowed on the neighborhood streets south of Flynn Ave. Absolutely no race parking at City Market.
- If you have a friend or family member driving you to the start who wants to see you at the finish, they may do so. Our best advice is for them to drive to Airport Park to watch the start, then drive to the Champlain Elementary School on Pine St and make the short walk to the finish. They could also drive to downtown and take the shuttle bus to the finish area.
Driving directions to Airport Park (500 Colchester Point Rd.) from Burlington:
• North on Beltline/Rte. 127, cross into Colchester
• Turn left at the traffic light onto Porter’s Point Road.
• At the 4-way stop sign, go left onto Colchester Point Road.
• Airport Park is ½ mile on the right.
• Limited parking available – please do NOT park on the neighborhood streets
Driving directions to Flynn Ave from downtown Burlington:
• South on Pine Street to Flynn Ave.
• Turn right on Flynn Ave.
• Very limited parking available in the parking lots and along the street. Private vehicles will not be allowed to travel west of Briggs St on Flynn Ave. Race parking will not be allowed on the neighborhood streets south of Flynn Ave. NO OAKLEDGE PARK ACCESS UNTIL 12:30PM.
Place your pre- and post-race clothing in a bag and put it on the Gear Check Bus (one of the last school buses dropping runners off at the start will be designated the Gear Check Bus). Gear will be transported to the finish area and can be picked-up from under the Gear Check tent in the Switchback parking lot.
You need to provide your own bag.
We strongly discourage leaving any type of valuables in your checked gear.
Smile! We’ll have professional photography on course at the start, mile 2 and Waterfront Park. Photos will be available for purchase post race.