Date and Time
Saturday, April 11, 2020
Wave 1: 9:00am
Wave 2: 11:00am
25 relay teams per wave.
Both runners must be registered on a team.
Both runners wear assigned bib.
Only one runner through the finish.
Both runners receive a finisher’s medal and post-race amenities.
Relay Exchange includes two options:
1. Exchange at the designated One Main Street Exchange Zone at the 9.7 mile mark. This Exchange Zone is adjacent to the bus transportation center at One Main Street. You will be able to take a bus to the finish area — no bus reservation is required.
2. Exchange at any point along the course (e.g. Leddy Park — near the 7-mile mark — is a popular exchange location). However, if you decide to exchange at any point other than at One Main Street, you are on your own for transportation.
We strongly recommend relay teams use the One Main Street Exchange Zone.
More Relay Details
Stay tuned — registration will open later this year. 2018 entry fee info below for reference.
$42 + transaction fee (December 3, 2018 – December 9, 2018)
$50 + transaction fee (December 10, 2018 – March 3, 2019)
$55 + transaction fee (March 4, 2019 – until full)
$75 + transaction fee (December 3, 2018 – March 3, 2019)
$85 + transaction fee (March 3, 2019 – until close)
Mail My Packet Option
Mail My Packet Option’ available for $15 through March 31. Packet includes bib, pins, shirt (if selected), and race information sheet, mailed to you. You will receive the packet within several days of the race date. This option can be selected during the registration process.
+ Finishers’ Medals for all racers!
+ Timing and Results – Including live timing located at the finish line
+ Post-Race Party at Switchback on Flynn Ave adjacent to the finish (Tap Room will also be open all day.)
+ 1 ticket for Switchback (ID required) or nonalcoholic beverage at the finish
+ 2 tickets for Food Trucks at the finish (Tickets are race bib tear tags.)
+ Bus transportation to start and from finish – Transport to start must be reserved at registration
+ Gear Check
Wave 1: 9:00am
Wave 2: 11:00am
There is a 3-hour time limit for each wave.
Wave 1: 900 runners
Wave 2: 900 runners
Relay Teams: 25 teams per wave
Half Marathon Unplugged will take place in any reasonable weather. If the course or conditions are deemed unsafe by race officials or the town’s safety officials, the event may be modified or canceled. There are no refunds. For last minute changes or information on the status of this event, please go to our Facebook page.
Wednesday, April 8 to Friday, April 10, 10:00am to 7:00pm
SKIRACK, 85 Main Street, Burlington VT
Race day, Saturday, April 11, 2020
1 Main Street, Burlington VT
There is NO packet pick-up at the Start Area (Airport Park)
Merchandise is available for purchase online at registration and with limited quantities at finish area on race day.
Be a part of this great race and help support our Unplugged runners. Click here to check out all our volunteer opportunities.
Course begins at Airport Park in Colchester and runs along the bike path to the south end of Burlington. The majority of the course is on the bike path.
Please be aware that sections of the course may be wet and/or slippery or muddy. Due to weather and course conditions the route may change. In case of severe weather on race day (e.g. more than 5” of snow, lightning, etc.) please check the RunVermont Facebook page after 6:00am on race day for event status.
Catered Long Run – Learn more about how to use this race as part of a 20 mile long run.
Water stations at miles 4.5, 7.1 and 11.1
Untapped maple syrup packets at mile 7.1
Portolets at Start, Mile 2.3 (looping back to start), Mile 4.5, Mile 9.7 and Finish
RunVermont offers bus transportation to the start and from the finish. All transportation originates at One Main Street, Burlington.
Bus tickets are included in registration, but are not automatic and must be selected at registration. If you did not reserve a bus seat and need a ride to the start, contact RunVermont by April 6.
Buses do not return to the start area after the race.
Absolutely no race parking at City Market.
Wave 1 Bus Info:
Bus 1: Leave 1 Main Street at 7:45am, arrive at Airport Park in Colchester at 8:00am
Bus 2: Leave 1 Main Street at 8:25am, arrive at Airport Park in Colchester at 8:40am
Wave 2 Bus Info:
Bus 1: Leave 1 Main Street at 9:45am, arrive at Airport Park in Colchester at 10:00am
Bus 2: Leave 1 Main Street at 10:25am, arrive at Airport Park in Colchester at 10:40am
- After you finish, buses will be available to bring you from the finish area on Flynn Ave back to One Main Street. These buses will start transporting runners and spectators at 11:00am.
- Race parking near the finish will be greatly reduced. Private vehicles will not be allowed to travel west of Briggs St on Flynn Ave. Race parking will not be allowed on the neighborhood streets south of Flynn Ave. Absolutely no race parking at City Market.
- If you have a friend or family member driving you to the start who wants to see you at the finish, they may do so. Our best advice is for them to drive to Airport Park to watch the start, then if you are running the first wave, drive to the Champlain Elementary School on Pine St and make the short walk to the finish. If you are running the second wave, they can drive to downtown and take the shuttle bus to the finish area.
Driving directions to Airport Park from Burlington:
• North on Belt line/Rte. 127, cross into Colchester
• Turn left at the traffic light onto Porter’s Point Road.
• At the 4-way stop sign, go left onto Colchester Point Road.
• Airport Park is ½ mile on the right.
• Only limited parking available – please do NOT park on the neighborhood streets
Driving directions to Flynn Ave from downtown Burlington:
• South on Pine Street to Flynn Ave.
• Turn right on Flynn Ave.
• Very limited parking available in the parking lots and along the street. Private vehicles will not be allowed to travel west of Briggs St on Flynn Ave. Race parking will not be allowed on the neighborhood streets south of Flynn Ave. NO OAKLEDGE PARK ACCESS UNTIL 2:00PM.
We offer gear check for each wave.
Gear Check Directions:
Place your pre- and post-race clothing in a bag and put it on the Gear Check Bus (one of the last school buses dropping runners off at the start will be designated the Gear Check Bus). Gear will be transported to the finish area and can be picked-up from under the Gear Check tent in the Switchback parking lot.
You need to provide your own bag.
We strongly discourage leaving any type of valuables in your checked gear.
Smile! We’ll have professional photography on course at the start, mile 2 and Waterfront Park. Photos will be available for purchase post race.
Looking for a new challenge in 2019? Run the RunVermont Grand Prix Race Series!
New this year! You can run four races and volunteer at one instead of running all five races.
Complete the 2019 Grand Prix to receive a one of a kind RunVermont Grand Prix Jacket.
More Info Here
A portion of race proceeds go to supporting RunVermont Youth Programming.