Age of Participation Requirements
Marathon distance: Minimum age requirement will be 16 years of age on race day.
Half marathon distance: Minimum age requirement is 13 years of age on race day.
Marathon Relays: The participation of any runner under the age of 12 is strongly recommended to comply with the following considerations:
• They have previously run the distance they are about to experience on 1 or more occasions
• They will have an adult (must be a registered runner) companion to assist with transit in and away from the Relay Exchange Zones
• They will have an adult companion to assist with any transit on the relay shuttle system.
• They will have an adult companion to assist with transit to and from the race start and finish areas if the child is to run the first or final leg of the relay event.
• Allow the child to carry a cell phone on the course and utilize the RaceJoy runner tracking app to monitor the progress and location of the child while on the course.
Disabled athlete participation is welcomed at all RunVermont events. For the Vermont City Marathon (VCM), access for competitors who wish to use a Pushrim Wheelchair or a Handcycle will be through the full marathon distance only. Read more…
RunVermont supports and accommodates the participation of Transgender athletes in a manner that is consistent with the policy of the sport’s national governing body – the US Track and Field Association, who have adopted the program that has been put forth by the International Olympic Committee. Read more…
Athletes who participate in this competition may be subject to formal drug testing in accordance with USATF and IAAF rules, in accordance with USOC, USADA or IAAF procedures. Read more…