RunVermont produces and supports several races and events throughout the year. We have an extraordinary team of volunteers supporting our events. Our greatest need for volunteers is during the month of May, specifically in the days leading up to and including the People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon Weekend (May 26-28, 2017), however we also welcome volunteers throughout the year for our smaller events and for office work. Please email us if interested.
Volunteers for RunVermont Events:
Please select an event below to see the volunteer opportunities currently available. If an event is not linked, please email us for information. Thank you for your interest in supporting our running community.
• Half Marathon Unplugged (April 8, 2017)
• MVP Health Care Ready.Set.Run! Festival (May 27, 2017)
• People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon (May 28, 2017)
• Ready.Set.Run! Mini Milers (February-May, 2017): please email Aliza Lapierre
• Island Vines 10k (September 24, 2017)
• FirstRun 5k (January 1, 2018)
People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon and MVP Health Care Ready. Set. Run! Festival Volunteers
Volunteers work in a variety of areas, from race packet stuffing, race packet pick-up, course monitors, kids’ running festival, crowd control and more. All volunteers receive:
• an official People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon or MVP Health Care RSR Festival Volunteer T-shirt
• an entry to the VCM and RSR Festival volunteer raffle, drawings for great prizes from local sponsors
• a $5 Bueno y Sano coupon and a Texas Roadhouse free appetizer coupon
More information on volunteering for the People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon:
1. Volunteer registration for the People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon & Relay is now open! Please view our volunteer opportunities here.
2. After you receive your assignment, you will be provided access to our Volunteer Information Portal, which will be updated in May and provides additional detail regarding your assignment.
3. If you have questions regarding your specific assignment, or volunteering in general, please email Chuck Spear or call him at 802-863-8412.
People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon Command:
The 80-member PUBVCM Marathon Command is the backbone of the marathon. Marathon Command members are responsible for every element of the race from planning and executing the Sport and Fitness EXPO, coordinating Runners’ Food, organizing relay exchange zones, making midnight supply deliveries, recruiting and training INFO volunteers, to organizing course monitors along the entire 26.2 mile course. If you’re passionate about the Vermont City Marathon, and you’re organized, committed to excellence, enjoy helping others, and available Memorial Day weekend, please email Chuck regarding your interests.