RunVermont produces and supports several races and events throughout the year. We have an extraordinary team of volunteers supporting our events. Our greatest need for volunteers is during the month of May, specifically in the days leading up to and including the People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon Weekend (May 22-24, 2020), however we also welcome volunteers throughout the year for our smaller events and for office work. Please email us if interested.
Volunteers for RunVermont Events:
Please select an event below to see the volunteer opportunities currently available and to register to volunteer. If an event is not linked, please email us for information. Thank you for your interest in supporting our running community.
• Resolution Run & Walk (December 31, 2018)
• Half Marathon Unplugged (April 13, 2019)
• Timberlane Dental Mini Marathon (May 25, 2019)
• People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon & Relay (May 24-26, 2019)
• Mini Milers (February-May, 2019)
• Pine Street Mile (September 8, 2019)
• Island Vines 10k (September 22, 2019)
People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon and Mini Marathon Volunteers
Marathon and Mini Marathon Volunteer Challenge
People’s United Bank has stepped up to help us continue to recognize the remarkable work of our volunteers and support community organizations at the same time. All volunteers will be entered into a drawing for $500 awarded to the nonprofit or charity of your choice. Supported by People’s United Bank. Each volunteer starts with an automatic entry by registering to volunteer. Get additional entries by completing a set of challenges. Want to play the game? Start by finding out how it all works.
Volunteers work in a variety of areas including Course Monitors, Bus Greeters, Entertainment, EXPO-Race Packet Pickup, Green Team, Info Ambassador, Merchandise, Mini Marathon, Relay Exchange Zones, Runners’ Food and Waterfront Park Monitors. For 2019 PUBVCM has been selected by the Road Runners Club of America as its Marathon National Championship — a great honor and due, in large part, to the wonderful volunteers and community support our event has enjoyed over the years.
Looking for a group volunteer opportunity?
Volunteering at the marathon is a great team-building experience and a fun way to earn community service hours. We have group volunteering opportunities throughout May and on race weekend. Email Chuck Spear or call him at 802-863-8412 to schedule your group.
• Corporate groups
• Non-Profit groups
• Sports Teams
• Church groups
• An official People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon or Timberlane Dental Mini Marathon Volunteer T-shirt.
• A $5 Bueno y Sano coupon and a Texas Roadhouse free appetizer coupon.
• A ticket for Lake Monsters Opening Day.
• Entry into our volunteer raffle. Win great prizes! The earlier you register to volunteer the more chances you have to win some great prizes.
• Earn community service hours.
• The satisfaction of knowing that you helped produce a great community event!
• Be entered to win $500 towards the nonprofit or charity of your choice. Marathon Volunteer Challenge
More information on volunteering for the People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon:
1. Volunteer registration for the People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon is open.
2. After you receive your assignment, you will be provided access to our Volunteer Information Portal, which will be updated in May and provides additional detail regarding your assignment.
3. If you have questions regarding your specific assignment, or volunteering in general, please email Chuck Spear or call him at 802-863-8412.
People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon Command
The 80-member PUBVCM Marathon Command Team is the backbone of the marathon. Marathon Command members are responsible for many elements of the race from planning and executing the Sport & Fitness EXPO to coordinating runners’ food, organizing relay exchange zones, delivering supplies, recruiting and training INFO volunteers, and working with course monitors. If you’re passionate about the Vermont City Marathon, and you’re organized, committed to excellence, enjoy helping others, and available Memorial Day weekend, please email Chuck regarding your interests.