The last five days of posts have been my favorite since we started The RunDown in 2010.
If you’re just tuning in, we’ve been featuring posts by our five finalists for the official 2013 KeyBank Vermont City Marathon Rookie. Once a Rookie is named, (s)he will post weekly here on The RunDown about their experiences training for the Marathon.
Those finalists are, in no particular order:
- Erin Bancroft, Burlington VT
- Melissa Gaudio, Milton VT
- John Strout, Waterville VT
- Krysten Farrell, Burlington VT
- Kacie Desmond Meixell, South Burlington VT
The conversation in our office is that every single one of these finalists has a lot to offer; left to our own devices we would have a very hard time choosing just one. (And not just because our internal team hardly ever agrees on anything.*) So, the finalists have done their part, now it’s time for our readers to do theirs. Beginning NOW through midnight on Friday, January 25 you can vote for your favorite Rookie on RunVermont’s Facebook page. The winning Rookie will be announced on Tuesday, January 29.
A few things to note:
- RunDown readers and Rookie finalists are encouraged to get out the vote among family and friends. Use the “share” button on the Facebook post to link directly to the poll from your own Facebook page and/or Tweet about your favorite finalist using the #VCM #Rookie hashtags.
- You must ‘like’ the RunVermont Facebook page in order to vote
- 1 vote per person
- RunVermont and Green Mountain Running Medicine Shop reserve the right to make the final determination of the winner.
Best of luck to everyone!
* The one and only time our entire team has unanimously agreed was on Nov 7, 2012. The subject: what not to do for our holiday party.