Congratulations to Eileen H. and Meredith H! Both women won a prize as part of last week’s GIVEAWAY THURSDAY. Eileen will attend Jeff Galloway’s running school for free and Meredith has two tickets to the Official KBVCM pasta dinner coming her way. Reservations are still available for both the Running School and the pasta dinner!
The Foundation received 600 applications and only awarded six grants. Our grant funds will be used to bring Ready, Set, Run! program to children in the Burlington school district who would otherwise be unable to afford it.
In order to receive most grant dollars possible, we need YOUR help. Do you own an iPhone, and do you run with your phone? If so, you can join the Run4Good community and log miles towards our goal. If the running community meets the goal of logging 10,000 miles during the month of March using the Run4Good App, our grant award is DOUBLED.
If you have an iPhone, please take a minute to download the Run4Good App (sorry, the App is not available for the Android platform). When you do, you’ll join an entire community of runners, all of whom are logging their miles to support non-profits like RunVermont and our youth programs.
Here’s how the Saucony Run4Good grants work: the grantee receives 50% of their total potential award upfront. Each grantee is featured on the Saucony Run4Good app for one month. During that time, anyone, anywhere who logs miles using the app is running for that featured nonprofit. If the running goal (typically 10,000 miles) is met by the community, the grantee receives the remaining 50% of the potential award. If the goal isn’t met, the grantee receives a portion of the initial award.
Once you have downloaded the app, getting started is as easy as registering, then pressing “START RUN” when you head out the door on your next run, walk or bike ride. Your distance, time and pace are all recorded via satellite and after you click “FINISH RUN” you’ll see the total number of miles run for Ready, Set, Run! grow. If you like, you can create a group and log miles as a team. Everyone who uses the Run4Good app during March is running for Ready, Set, Run! As of 6:00pm this evening we have almost 2000 miles logged!
The GIVEAWAY below has ended, but don’t let that stop from using the Run4Good app! Every mile you run gets us closer to meeting our 10,000 mile goal!
This week’s GIVEAWAY will be limited to:
- People who use the Run4Good App, and
- People who SHARE the App and get their friends to use it
We’re giving away:
- A fabulous, 30-song 1989 playlist to the “team” who logs the most miles by next Wednesday, March 13 at 11:59pm, AND
- A $50 RunVermont gift certificate good towards the purchase of any RunVermont/KBVCM merchandise for the person who most successfully SHARES the Run4Good app over the next week.
Here’s how to enter:
- If you’re entering to win the “most miles run” prize, download the App and create a Team. Then comment on this post and tell us your Team Name. We’ll review the totals for all Teams listed in the comment section of this post for the week just after midnight on the 13th. The team with the most miles wins. Note: Teams can be composed of one or more people. In order to earn miles each team member must run with their phone.
- If you’re entering to win the “sharing” award, your job is to spread the word about the App and our goal as far and wide as possible. You can do that by Tweeting, Facebooking, emailing, yelling from the rooftops and/or talking to strangers at the bar, but your goal is to get others to use the App. Leave a comment telling us how you shared it, and get the people you recruited to use the App to leave a comment that references you. The person with the most references wins.
- You are welcome to enter both contests, but the same person will not win both prizes.
Please remember, the running community is running for Ready, Set, Run! ALL MONTH so, if you’re using the App, please use it after this GIVEAWAY ends and let as many people as you can know about it. Perhaps even more importantly, remember that every run you take with the App after March will support another deserving organization, so keep up the good work come April…and May!
Want to learn more about the Saucony Run4Good Foundation? Check out this snappy video:
Thanks in advance for helping us reach our goal of 10,000 miles!
Please note: the rules for this GIVEAWAY is different than others; review the instructions above.
The GIVEAWAY closes at 11:59pm Wednesday, March 13; we’ll announce the winner on Thursday, March 14.