On a recent day at headquarters, we took a poll: How many of us were wearing Darn Tough socks? Out of the seven of us in the office at the time, six of us were sporting Darn Tough’s. (The seventh team member was sockless.)
Back in March, one of our KBVCM Rookie’s noted the extreme appearance of her blistered feet. Four separate people recommended Darn Tough socks.
There’s a reason (actually, many) we (and a good chunk of our sock-wearing community) is in love with these socks:
- They fit well: no bunching, slipping, twisting
- They’re durable: they last for years and years (and in fact, they’re guaranteed for LIFE)
- There’s a fit for every activity: running, hiking, skiing, riding, or just plain being
- They’re made of wool so they’re far less apt to get stinky than your cotton socks, plus they’re warm when you need it and cool when you don’t. (Not into wool? There’s a CoolMax variety as well.)
- They come in fun prints and colors (and some that are neither for those of your who prefer your socks conservative)
So, when the opportunity presented itself to get some FREE Darn Tough socks in the hands of our runners, we jumped at the opportunity.
Welcome to Darn Tough April!
As you prepare for the 2013 KeyBank Vermont City Marathon we want to reward you for all the miles you have put in! Accumulate, log and share your training miles from the month of April with the rest of the event community by utilizing any recognized running app* to log your miles during “Darn Tough April.” The top 200 runners who have the most miles and submitted a photo of their miles logged by May 1, will be rewarded with a free pair of Darn Tough Vermont socks!
Here’s how it works:
-Like the page
-Click on the ‘Darn Tough April’ tab
-Fill out the form and submit a photo showing the total miles you’ve accumulated in April.
-Last day to enter is May 1
*Don’t use an “app” to track you miles? That’s ok, a photo of your spreadsheet or pen & paper journal works just as well.
In addition to the 200 socks Darn Tough is giving away before the race, 100 lucky marathoners will receive a Golden Sock coupon in their race bag, redeemable for a free pair of socks.