Congrats to Mike G. who won last week’s GIVEAWAY. It was insightful to hear that many of you aren’t looking for anything ‘special’ in the way of support along your marathon training journey from friends and family but that you absolutely appreciate their understanding and patience when it comes to the time necessary for long runs and big meals.
For many of you, May is a lot about getting in your last really long run, tapering (without going crazy), and making sure you know what you need to before race day.
For the RunVermont staff, May is about a countdown of days until the big weekend, about to-do lists that add three items for every one removed, about late nights and early mornings, views of photo-worthy sunsets from our office windows and conspicuous amounts of caffeine consumption. Office tension can run high, but more often than not we cut each other a little more slack in May; we try to let minor irritations pass, understanding that we’re all giving this our best. We find opportunities to laugh with each other whenever we can. Today’s opportunity came at the expense of the RunVermont “uniform.” It’s been a long-standing tradition in our office that when the calendar flips to May, the stack of polos and other branded gear that makes up the RVT uniform comes out of the closest. Staff and interns are asked to wear branded gear every weekday during the month of May. Frankly, there are only so many ways to make a polo look good (if any exist at all), but this year’s trend of bright colors opened the door for a whole new world of short/shirt combinations. Case in point:
Pretty snazzy, huh?
This week’s GIVEAWAY is a two-fer from our title sponsor, KeyBank and our food and volunteer sponsor, Hannaford Supermarkets. The winner will receive a $25 KeyPossibilities card and a $100 Hannaford gift card! Spend the KeyPossibilities card on something for you and still have plenty left over for a good portion of this week’s groceries.
Tell us: What’s the best thing you’ve ever won? If you’re one of those people who says you ‘never win anything’, tell us what you really wish you would win.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to claim extra entries for Tweeting or FB’ing the GIVEAWAY, you must follow the rules below. Thank you!
The GIVEAWAY closes at 11:59pm Wednesday, May 15th; we’ll announce the winner on Thursday, May 16th.
- If you’re a follower of The Run Down, tell us so in an additional comment. (If you’re not a follower, subscribe using the RSS feed on top right of the blog and then leave a comment telling us you did it.)
- Tweet about the giveaway. You must tag @RunVermont and leave one additional comment.
- Share the giveaway by clicking the “share” button just below the GIVEAWAY post on our Facebook page and leave one additional comment.
That’s right; you have the opportunity to get 3 entries into this giveaway! (If you choose to take advantage of the extra entries be sure to submit an additional comment for each one.)
The rules/fine print:
* We use Random.org to select all winners…at random, from all the comments posted.
* There is no limit on the number of times a single person can win a prize.
* We ask that if you’re local, you pick up your prize. If not, we’ll mail it (US and Canada only.)
* We contact all winners via email each Thursday; you have one week to reply to arrange pick-up/mailing of your prize. If we haven’t heard from you within one week, we reserve the right to re-list the prize or choose another winner.