Congratulations, Ashley (comment #2): You won last week’s GIVEAWAY!
Wow, we learned a lot by asking about your preferences for a pasta dinner last week. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! Our fabulous registration director, Jen Savas, is considering all your comments and they will undoubtedly influence our plans for the 2012 KeyBank Vermont City Marathon.
Today’s post is all about reminders, things we’ve mentioned before that I want to make sure you didn’t miss:
1. If you haven’t registered yet for the 2012 KeyBank Vermont City Marathon, make sure you get yourself in by November 15 to receive a complimentary 2012 commemorative calendar chock full of great images, plus reminders about other upcoming races, events and important deadlines. Trust me, this calendar is way better than the other free one you’ll likely soon receive loaded with pictures of puppies and kittens circa 1987…you know, the one that accompanies the letter asking you to make a year-end donation to [enter small, but well-intentioned charity].
2. Speaking of that calendar, if you have great photos from any previous KBVCM race you would like us to consider for the calendar, please send them directly to me. We’re interested in group shots, solo shots, scenery, spectators, volunteers; if it makes you smile, we’d love to see it.
3. We’re seeking nominations for the RunVermont Hall of Fame. Details and the nomination forms are available here; the deadline is December 16.
4. Sunday is World Run Day! If you’re local, please join us in celebration with a fun and relaxed untimed 3.1 mile run (decidedly NOT a race) followed by free bagels, coffee and GIVEAWAYS at SkiRack. We’ll take off from SkiRack at 9am and return there afterward. No registration is required and participation is free but consider RSVP’ing on the Facebook event page so we can get a sense of how many bagels to buy. Strollers and kids welcome; there is even a special iPOD shuffle GIVEAWAY for the wee ones. We’re giving away great gear, race entries and even the opportunity to bypass the 2012 KBVCM Relay Lottery to some lucky grownups.
With all that stuff to remember, wouldn’t it be nice if you had a nice little notebook of sorts to jot it all down on? Today two lucky winners will receive a KeyBank Vermont City Marathon Moleskine notebook in the color of their choosing.
Tell us what brings you back to the blog and/or what you would like to see more of here. Do you have pressing training questions, are you interested in what goes in to planning a race, what to eat before a race, post-race wrap ups, volunteer profiles?, or something else entirely?
That’s it! If you want a few extra entries, answer the question in a comment, then do any or all of the following:
* If you’re a follower of The Run Down, tell us so in an additional comment. (If you’re not a follower, subscribe using the RSS feed on top right of the blog and then leave a comment telling us you did it.)
* Tweet about the giveaway using hashtags #rvt and #vcm and leave one additional comment.