Welcome to Marathon May! Every day from now through the Marathon (and perhaps even a few days beyond) we’ll share a new race-related FAQ here on the blog, our Facebook page and via Twitter feed. Got a question you think we should cover? Post it here, on FB or on Twitter and we’ll get right back to you.
Q: I’m on a 3-5 person relay team; where do I hand-off with my teammate ? Do we have to exchange within a designated zone?
There are 4 relay exchange zones. You MUST hand-off the bright coil band provided at race packet pick-up with with your teammate at a designated relay exchange zone. This chart outlines the locations of the relay zones -
Interested in seeing maps of each leg?
How do I get to/from the Flynn School Exchange?
- Buses TO the Flynn School Exchange are located on North Avenue at North Street
- Buses leave North Street for Flynn School beginning at 8:30am through 1:00pm. Please do not wait for the last bus. It is 3.5 miles from Battery Park to the Flynn School. The bus will take 15-20 minutes to reach the school.
- Buses FROM the Flynn School Exchange are located on Barley Road, across the street from the Flynn School
- Personal vehicles are not allowed within ¼ mile of the Flynn School Exchange. If you are getting a ride to/from the school, watch for the red and white signs near Plattsburgh Ave.
- Gear: There is a runner’s gear check at Flynn School. Bags MUST be checked by noon to be transported back to Waterfront Park. If you are unable to check your bag by noon please make arrangements with your teammate to bring your bag back to Waterfront Park. Bags will be available at the Gear Tent at Waterfront Park at 12:30pm. NOTE: All participants must you the clear plastic bag provided at race packet pick-up. No other bags will be accepted. No exceptions. Please do not leave any bags unattended in a park or relay exchange zone. Unattended bags will be removed and destroyed.