Welcome to Marathon May! Every day from now through the Marathon (and perhaps even a few days beyond) we’ll share a new race-related FAQ here on the blog, our Facebook page and via Twitter feed. Got a question you think we should cover? Post it here, on FB or on Twitter and we’ll get right back to you.
Q: Do you offer runner tracking? I’d love for my family and friends to know where I am on the course (read: that way they can be where I need them when I need more energy gel).
A: Yes, we do! Thanks to MVP Health Care, we are offering several complimentary ways for your friends to keep up with you on race day. Note: Athlete tracking is ONLY available to those relay teams registered by the end of the day TODAY: so if your team isn’t fully registered, get on it!
Subscribe to have real-time split and finish line data sent directly to your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Available for: Friends and family members tracking Marathoners and relay teams (only available for those relay teams registered by May 10, 2013)
- How to subscribe: Click here and enter your ChronoTrack Live account information or create a new account. (Runners have ChronoTrack Live accounts, most spectators do not, but can create one.) Select the athlete/team you wish to track and how you want to receive your updates (Facebook, Twitter, text message or all 3) and you’re good to go!
- Note: Relay teams are ONLY tracked by team name and the updates will be the aggregate of the team, not individualized for each runner. 3-5 person teams will ONLY be tracked at the finish.
- How it works:
- SMS Text Messaging: You will receive an update when the runner crosses the 10mi, 13.1mi, 20mi marks and the finish line.
- Facebook/Twitter: ChronoTrack will post status updates about the specified runner to the Facebook account of the person who’s account is provided when the crosses the 10mi, 13.1mi, 20mi marks and the finish line.
View leader positions, search for athletes, view pace, splits, finish line times, age group placing and overall results.
- Available for: Marathoners and relay teams. Relay teams must be looked up by team name. Individual names will not be listed for team members.
- How to access: Bookmark and visit this website (works for both mobile and desktop applications) and search by bib number, name (marathoners) and relay team name.
View finish results including age group placement, finish time and pace. Results are searchable by bib number, athlete name and team name.
- Available for: All participants.
- How to access: Visit the MVP Health Care Results and Merchandise Tent in the northern field of Waterfront Park.