Start your New Year on the right foot! Join RunVermont for the 26th Annual FirstRun 5k and Youth 1/2 mile and 1 mile Fun Runs! Come to run, come to walk, push your kids in the jogger– everyone is welcome. Great prizes awarded in several costume categories. Delicious post-race food and raffle entry included in the race fee. 2014 Information available for reference only. 2015 information anticipated October, 2014.Date
January 1, 2014 Distances
• Youth 1/2 mile and 1 mile Fun RunsLocation
Memorial Auditorium, 250 Main Street, Burlington, VT Schedule
• 9:30 - 10:45am: Race day registration and packet pickup
• 10:30am: Youth 1/2 mile and 1 mile Fun Runs*
• 11:00am: 5K start
• 11:30am: Food, awards & raffle
*Parents please note this is a B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Babysitter) event. Child care is not provided by RunVermont.
Registrations completed 11/18/13-12/26/13
• 5k "2-for" special: 2 entries for $30
• 5k single entry: $19
• Youth 1/2 mile and 1 mile Fun Runs: $5 or $10 for 2+ children (same family) Registration fee includes race entry, post race food and raffle entry. Shirts/gloves are not included in the entry fee.
Due to our insurance restrictions, no dogs allowed.
• Long-sleeve tech shirt (adult sizes): $15
• Long-sleeve cotton shirt (youth sizes): $15
• FirstRun gloves: $10/pair or 2 pair for $15While supplies last, limited quantity available.Registrations 12/27/13 through race day
• Register online using a credit card
• Race day entries: payment by cash, check or credit card
• 5k single entry: $25 (no 2-for-$30 after December 26)
• Youth Fun Run: $7 per child (no sibling discount)
• Long-sleeve tech shirt (adult sizes)t: $20
• Long-sleeve cotton shirt (youth sizes): $20
• FirstRun gloves: $10/pair or 2 pair for $15Registration fees include race entry, timing, post-race food and raffle entry. Shirts/gloves are not included in the entry fees, but may be purchased separately while supplies last.Packet Pick-Up
Pick-up Saturday, December 28 - Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at SKIRACK
located at 85 Main Street, Burlington, VT 05401
Saturday, December 28: 10am - 6pm
Sunday, December 29: 11am - 5pm
Monday, December 30: 10am - 7pm
Tuesday, December31: 10am - 7pm
Race Day Registration and packet pick-up:
January 1, 2014
9:30 - 10:45am
Memorial Auditorium Lower Level (use lower door by BCA on Main Street side), 250 Main Street, Burlington VT 05401Bring your 2014 FirstRun bib to SKIRACK between December 28, 2013 and January 6, 2014 and get 15% off your running gear purchase (shoes, clothing and accessories). Discount does NOT apply to sale-priced items. Refund/Transfer/Weather Policy
We do not offer refunds for this event. Entries may not be transferred to another runner. Please review our Unregistered Runner Policy
FirstRun will take place in any reasonable weather. If the course or conditions are deemed unsafe by race officials or the city’s safety officials the event may be modified or cancelled. For last minute changes or information on the status of this event please go to our home page
or facebook page.Volunteer2014 Merchandise: Course Description
The 5K course is a loop; the race starts and finishes on South Union Street.
The Youth Fun Runs begin on South Union and Main Street. The mile run travels down South Union to Howard Street and back and the 1/2 mile runners will turn around at Kingsland Terrace. Course Video
• 1st place Male and Female, Open and Masters
• Top Costumes
• Excellent raffle prizes too.
• Thanks to our generous 2014 prize sponsors AO Glassworks
Photos2013 Photos by Skipix
Check out past photos on RunVermont’s Flickr Group
.Help your neighbors in need
It's the season of giving. In conjunction with FirstRun, RunVermont is collecting donations for the Vermont WARMTH program. This program, a part of CVOEO's mission, provides heating assistance to Vermont households in need. Please consider donating with your online registration or on race day.
In addition, we will be donating any leftover race food to the Ronald McDonald House, and collecting canned goods to be donated to the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf. When you come for the race, if you can spare a canned food item, look for the collection bins. The Food Shelf is in particular need of proteins, specifically peanut butter and tuna fish, as well as the other usual staples like cereals, rice and pasta.
Thanks in advance for your generosity!