Start your New Year on the right foot! Join RunVermont for the 26th Annual FirstRun 5k and Kids' 1/2-mile and 1-mile Fun Runs! Come to run, come to walk, push your kids in the jogger– everyone is welcome. Great prizes awarded in several costume categories. Delicious post-race food and raffle entry included in the race fee. Date
January 1, 2014 2013 Information is below for reference; 2014 information anticipated November 2013.Distances
• Kids' Half-mile and 1-mile Fun RunsLocation
Memorial Auditorium (lower level), 250 Main Street, Burlington, VT Schedule
• 9:30 - 10:45am: Race Day Registration and Packet Pickup
• 10:30am: Kids' Half-Mile and 1-Mile Fun Runs*
• 11:00am: 5K Start*
• 11:30am: Food, Awards & Raffle
*Parents: Please note, this is a B.Y.O.B. (as in "bring your own babysitter") event! Child care is not provided by RunVermont.
Registrations received 11/11/12-12/26/12
• 5k "2-for" special: 2 entries, $30*
• 5k single entry: $19*
• Kids' 1/2-mile and1-mile Fun Runs: $5, not to exceed $10 per family*.
• Long-sleeve tech shirt: $15 (While supplies last; limited quantity available!)
• Fleece Beanie: $13 (While supplies last; limited quantity available!)Registrations 12/27/12 through race day
• Register online using a credit card, or in person at SkiRack to pay by credit card, cash or check (Friday 12/28-Monday 12/31 only)
• Race Day Entries: Payment by cash, check or credit card
• 5k single entry: $25 (no 2-for-$30 after December 26)*
• Kids' Fun Run: $5* per child (no sibling discount)
• Adult long-sleeve tech shirt: $20* (While supplies last; limited quantity available!)
• Fleece Beanie: $15 (While supplies last; limited quantity available!)
*Registration fees include race entry, timing, post-race food and raffle entry. Shirts/hats are NOT included in the entry fees, but may be purchased separately while supplies last.Packet Pick-Up
For those registered on or before December 31, 2012:
Pick-up Friday, December 28 - Monday, December 31, 2012
Friday: 10am - 7pm
Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Sunday: 11am - 5pm
Monday: 10am - 7pm
85 Main Street, Burlington, VT 05401
Race Day Registration:
January 1, 2013
9:30 - 10:45am
Memorial Auditorium Lower Level (use lower door by BCA on Main Street side), 250 Main Street, Burlington VT 05401Bring your 2013 FirstRun bib to SkiRack between December 28, 2012 and January 6, 2013 and get 15% off your running gear purchase (shoes, clothing and accessories). Discount does NOT apply to sale-priced items. Refund/Transfer/Weather Policy
We do NOT offer refunds for this event. Entries may not be transferred to another runner. Please review our Unregistered Runner Policy
FirstRun will take place in any reasonable weather. If the course or conditions are deemed unsafe by race officials or the city’s safety officials the event may be modified or cancelled. For last minute changes or information on the status of this event please go to our home page
or facebook page.Volunteer2013 Merchandise:Course Description
The 5K course is a loop; the race starts and finishes on South Union Street.
The Kids' Fun Runs begin on South Union Street at Main Street, the mile run travels down South Union to Howard Street and back and the 1/2-mile runners will turn around at Kingsland Terrace. Course Video
• 1st place Male and Female, Open and Masters
• Top Costumes
• Excellent raffle prizes, too.
• Thanks to our generous 2013 prize sponsors: Bolton ValleyChira OrthodonticsChop Shop Hair DesignThe Flynn CenterGardener's SupplyGreat Harvest Bread CompanyThe Green LifeJay Peak
via VSAAKatharine Monstream
Lake Champlain Chocolates
Leddy Park Arena
Marsha Drake Jewelry
My Little Cupcake
Saint Michael's College Athletics
SkiRackSleepy HollowSmuggler's NotchSoYoSpare Time ColchesterSpirit of Ethan AllenSports and Fitness EdgeSterling Motorwerks
via VSAAVermont Teddy Bear CompanyThe Vermont Butcher Block & Board CompanyUVM AthleticsWomen's Source for SportsWVMT Results
Photos2013 Photos by Skipix
Check out past photos on RunVermont’s Flickr Group
.Help your neighbors in need
It's the season of giving. In conjunction with FirstRun, RunVermont is collecting donations for the Vermont WARMTH program. This program, a part of CVOEO's mission, provides heating assistance to Vermont households in need. Please consider donating with your online registration or on race day.
In addition, we will be donating any leftover race food to the Ronald McDonald House, and collecting canned goods to be donated to the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf. When you come for the race, if you can spare a canned food item, look for the collection bins! The Food Shelf is in particular need of proteins, specifically peanut butter and tuna fish, as well as the other usual staples like cereals, rice and pasta.
Thanks in advance for your generosity!